I really struggled with this one. Over all in the end I was happy with how it turned out. Not even close to the picture I used for inspiration. It was an owl. Not sure what people see when they look at those piercing eyes. I am finding more and more, I use less of the picture and just do what my painting soul tells me to do.
This painting is not very big, its about 7 inches by 9 inches done on 300 pound with Just slightly textured surface. I love the heavy papers.. no taping no stretching and no curling.
I’m all set up and ready to roll. My helper “Turkey” is making sure everything is there for me. So Lets just say the upstairs bedroom did not do the job. It was very dark and very cramped. Hated to go in there. I moved it all downstairs.. set up a big table so I can spread out.. yeah.
Paint palette used a mixture of Windsor red/ Aureolin / French Ultramarine and cobalt blue.. this is it! Still keeping in mind working with mouse colors. I think this is why I choose this white flower to paint those “grays” but finding it is harder than it looks. I’m virtually new to this even though I use to paint about 10 years ago.
I know this painting so far looks very soft in color but it is very yellow in real life. The yellow is very washed out in the picture.
Painting number two using the same picture for inspiration but going its own way. Very blue/purple with some yellow, I had hoped it would be more realistic like the picture. I guess painting “white” is not as easy as it looks. lol. I’m going to focus on these two and just go with it. Maybe once the back ground is added it will look better. After wards I just may give it another try. To see if I can get that perfect greyish color to make this white flower look as it should.